Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Masai Mara Safari December 2011

  This is how I spent my 2011 December holiday. It was one of THE coolest things I have ever done in my life - and I have done some pretty cool things ;)

I took all of these photographs but more importantly, I saw all of these things with my own eyes. 
Among the events I witnessed was a pack of lions feasting on freshly caught buffalo, a cheetah hunt and kill a heartbeast, a mother cheetah sharing a kill with her cheetah cub, elephants play fighting, hippos swimming in the Mara River, many skeletal remains of animals that were feasted upon and tons of other wildlife.

The most impressive sight of all is the land itself. My eyes have never discovered so many naturally beautiful shades of greens, purples, yellows and browns. The colors changed throughout the day and there were times when I could actually see rainbows among the prairie grasses. Everything about the protected park is majestic.

Rift Valley outside of Nairobi on the way to the Mara

 We got stuck.

But we finally made it!!!
Masai Mara National Reserve

 My Safari Mate, Lacey.
Breathtaking views.

Our tent with a full bathroom (and hot showers) behind the back wall.

The view of The Mara from our campsite.


No comments:

Post a Comment